Weekends (posted on 7/17/14, but needs updated)
- Sunday lunch: Almost always bacon and eggs
- Friday night: Almost always pizza–sometimes Papa John’s or Donato’s–and sometimes homemade.
- Sunday night: Either warmups OR “find your own” which is often cereal or Ramon noodles or cheese quesadillas
- Saturday lunch: Often warmuped up pizza or other warmups
- And, if the kids got lucky that week, they will sometimes get to go to McDonalds or Wendy’s for one meal. And, if they are REALLY lucky, it will be Hometown Buffet or Bob Evans or some other similar place.
During the week
Of course, with the 6 kids and the 2 active adults, the evenings can have a variety of commitments. These include: AWANA, Upward Basketball practices, piano lessons, Jeffy’s violin lessons, mommy traveling or working late, daddy working at the warehouse or working out at the YMCA or needing some mental health moments at various locations, transporting James to or from various school/sport activities, a recent trip to Sams, and a host of other reasons that are to trivial or irregular to mention.
- Pork: We often have one pork night a week. The menu might include:
some side vegetable (i.e Candied carrots, zuchinni, or steamed broccoli)
Pork Chop Delight
Crockpot Night: Although both of the above pork items are done in the crockpot, others include:
Corn Bread or Sams bread with cheese melted on it.
Mexican Night: About every other week we have either Tacos or Chicken Fajitas
Sams French Bread
- French Toast Casserole
- Garlic Bread
- French Bread pizza
- Texas Toast
Meat: meatballs or Chicken Parmesan
Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Mac ‘n’ cheese
Soup with grilled cheese
hamburger helper (fry the meat in advance and pull it out frozen to make this go more quickly)