This quick and easy butternut squash soup is so flavorful with ginger and brown sugar; and it only takes a few minutes in your Instant Pot(R)!”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil and add onion; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Combine butternut squash, vegetable broth, brown sugar, salt, ground black pepper, ginger, and curry powder in the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream.
This recipe came from this site: