Abby and I really liked this. The rest of the family was either not as adventurous OR they just chose not to be lured by the curry smell. It was good enough to make again!!
Spicy Stir-Fried Eggplant (Aubergine)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 4
About This Recipe
“Eggplant is so full of nutrients and is a very filling vegetable as well – great for people who are just getting used to a vegetarian diet and who are missing the ‘chunky’ texture of meat in a dish. This makes either a very nice vegetarian/vegan main dish or a nice side to compliment an East Indian or Middle Eastern main dish.”
- 4 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes ( or two regular)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of, diluted in
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet on medium high.
- Add eggplant.
- After 1 minute, reduce heat to medium.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 15-20 minutes.
- Every minute, add about 1 T lemon-water.